Costco Merci European Chocolates
The Costco Merci European Chocolates is a delicious box featuring eight flavors, 54 pieces total. With everything from dark chocolate to hazelnut cream, it’s easy to find a piece you’re satisfied with. All chocolates are smooth, creamy, and delicious.
These are some of the best chocolates I have ever tasted. The flavors are sensational, and they truly melt in your mouth. I enjoyed the coffee and cream and hazelnut-crème the best, but all flavors were genuinely delectable. This would make an excellent gift for someone you love (even if that someone is yourself!).
What I Like: 8 flavors, 54 pieces per box, silky texture, incredible flavors, convenient box, reasonable price
What I Don’t Like: High calorie, did not enjoy the marzipan flavor
==> Note: You can also buy Merci European Chocolates on Amazon (different pricing).
Why is Merci chocolate so good?
Merci chocolates are so good, thanks to the high-quality ingredients used in every bar.
Which country made Merci chocolate?
Merci chocolates are manufactured in Germany.
Can you buy Merci chocolate in the USA?
You can find Merci chocolate in many places in the United States, including your local Costco store!
I mean, honestly – is there anything better than opening a wrapper of a delicious piece of chocolate?
I certainly don’t think so.
That’s why I ended up buying these Merci European Chocolates when I was leaving Costco. They were simply calling my name.
If they’re calling yours, too, but you’re not sure they’re worth the money, read my comprehensive review below!
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t slightly obsessed with the Costco Merci European Chocolates. Keep reading to find out why.
Where is the Merci Chocolate in the Costco Store?
The Costco Merci European Chocolates are located near the front of the store, close to the checkout area. They’re surrounded by other boxed goodies, including chocolates (Lindt and Toblerone) and granola bars.
The item number for Costco Merci European Chocolates is 318527.
A box of Costco Merci European Chocolates costs just $12.99.
I think this is a fabulous deal, considering 54 little candy bars are hiding inside.
Ease of Use/Store
Getting your hands on the yummy chocolates inside is easy.
All you need to do is remove or cut the tape that holds the box together. Then, open the box to reveal the candies inside. Finally, choose which flavor you prefer, remove the wrapper, and dive right in!
These chocolates must be kept in a cool and dry place. When stored correctly, they’re best consumed within six months.
If you accidentally ate expired chocolate, you might want to read this: What Happens if You Eat Expired Chocolate?
The taste of these Costco Merci European Chocolates is truly sensational. I know you might think that’s a bit outrageous, but I promise you – one bite into one of these succulent chocolates, and you’ll agree!
Now, I will say that all of the flavors have a lovely silky texture that melts in your mouth. However, I want to share my thoughts on each flavor individually.
- Milk chocolate – Very delicious and creamy. Some of the best “plain” milk chocolate candy I have had.
- Hazelnut-crème – As someone with a hazelnut obsession, I was excited for this flavor. It did not disappoint. This is my favorite chocolate in the box! I loved the creamy filling.
- Hazelnut-almond – This flavor was also a favorite. I enjoyed the addition of almonds, which gave this hazelnut treat a beautiful crunch.
- Praline-crème – This flavor was very delicate and subdued, but certainly not in a bad way. This one was Pierce, my son’s favorite chocolate!
- Coffee and cream – This was my second favorite in the box. The coffee flavor was powerful yet perfectly balanced with the creamy layer. Truly a majestic combination.
- Marzipan – This was the only flavor I did not personally care for.
- Dark cream – As someone who doesn’t particularly enjoy dark chocolate, I was hesitant. However, the dark cream flavor isn’t too intense. It’s complemented by a creamy filling that tames the dark chocolate and creates a wonderful taste!
- Dark mousse – The dark mousse was also fabulous, and that’s coming from someone who prefers white or milk chocolate!
The Costco Merci European Chocolates have quite a few ingredients, but that’s not surprising, considering there are so many flavors inside one box.
However, it’s important to note that this box contains several allergens, including milk, wheat, soy, hazelnut, shea nut, and almonds. The chocolate is also manufactured in a facility with eggs, peanuts, and tree nuts.
With 140 calories per two pieces of chocolate, it’s a little steep. Especially considering I could easily eat five of these in a row without thinking twice. Two pieces also contain 9 grams of fat, 14 grams of carbohydrates, and 12 grams of sugar.
Are these any worse than other chocolates out there? No. In fact, you could make the argument that these are somewhat healthier. Still, you need to eat these in moderation, just like you would any other dessert!
Overall, I give the Costco Merci European Chocolates two huge thumbs up. All of the chocolate is absolutely incredible, especially the hazelnut and coffee and cream flavors! The texture is unbelievably silky, creamy, and smooth, a genuine chocolate masterpiece. At just $12.99 for 54 chocolates, it’s also a steal.
Have you tried the Costco Merci European Chocolates? What is your favorite flavor(s)?About Michelle