I’m fine with cold pizza, especially for breakfast. But if it’s just been delivered or I’m at a party, I want it at least warm. But keeping pizza warm out of the oven can be a challenge – even if it’s left in the delivery box. The good news is, there are plenty of easy ways to keep it warm.
Hey, there! My name is Michelle, and I love pizza! We eat pizza in our house at least once a week, whether I make it homemade or we buy it. However, we have had to become geniuses on how to keep it warm – especially at parties.
If you’re worried that your next party will go down in history as the party with the coldest pizza ever, I’m here to put your worries to rest. I have so many top-notch solutions for the cold pizza debacle. The best part is, they’re all really simple ideas. Hurray!
Let’s keep our pizza warm, folks.
How to Keep Pizza Warm
Everyone’s situation is different. Some people need to keep their pizza warm in their home, others need to keep it warm at a picnic in the park. Wherever you might need to keep pizza warm, use these helpful and handy tips for success.
On the Car Ride Home
If you were the lucky one to pick up the pizza and bring it home (like my husband has always done for me – thanks, dear), then you have the mission of keeping pizza warm on the car ride home. There are four ways to accomplish this:
- Place it on the floor with the heater. Turn the heater on blast and choose the option where the heat will flow to the floors. Place your pizza on the passenger side floor, and it will stay warm from the hot air.
- Place it on a heated seat. If you’re lucky enough to have heated seats (I’m looking at you, mom), then you can simply turn the warmers on and place your pizza right on top. Turn yours on, too, because hello! It’s so comfortable and relaxing.
- Place it in an insulated pizza delivery bag. With things like Uber, Postmates, and DoorDash, it’s really not uncommon for people to own their own insulated pizza bag. If you have one, use it. If you don’t have one, buy one – it’ll come in handy!
- Last option: cover it with a towel. If nothing else, you can always just cover it up to keep it warm – just as you would yourself on a cold winter night. You can use a towel, blanket, or anything else that will cover the pizza and keep it cozy (I mean warm).
Once you’ve made it home (or had your pizza delivered – knock, knock!), things get much easier.
Now, some blogs will tell you to wrap the slices individually in aluminum foil and stick it in the oven. To me, this sounds like an enormous pain. Unless you’re only planning on serving a specific amount of the pizza, don’t do this. It’s a waste of time and supplies.
Instead, place the entire pizza inside of the oven and set it to the lowest temperature possible. You can leave it inside the pizza box (yes, it’s safe as long as the temp is below 300F). Or you can take it out and put it on a pizza stone, cookie sheet, etc.
When you’re sitting outside and wanting to keep your pizza warm, things get a bit trickier. This is especially true if it’s cold outside. But don’t panic! There are still many options for keeping pizza warm outside. Here are a few ideas.
- Use your trusty insulated pizza delivery bag. I’m telling you – you need one of these things! The insulation will ensure your pizza stays piping hot no matter where you go.
- Use a portable oven. I know what you’re thinking – that sounds like an expensive nuisance. But you’d be surprised how cheap and easy-to-use portable ovens are. If you’re someone that spends a lot of time outdoors, this might be a great buy.
- Use a cooler with a hot water bottle inside. This method should be the last resort because it’s not the best option. It can help, though! Just get a cooler and add a hot water bottle inside (underneath the pizza).
Well, now you know how to keep your pizza warm, no matter if you’re in the car, in your home, or outside. If you still have some questions, then keep reading the frequently asked questions below.
How do you keep pizza warm after cooking?
So you cooked it homemade rather than ordering; awesome! To keep it warm, simply turn the oven off and let the pizza cool down inside the oven. If you think it’s starting to burn, you can cover it with a sheet of aluminum foil. You can also take it out and wrap it up.
How long can you keep a pizza warm?
It really depends on what method you use. For instance, someone using a portable oven can keep their pizza warm for quite some time. Someone using a towel might only extend the warmth by 30 or 40 minutes.
Can you put a pizza box in the oven on warm?
Yes, but you need to make sure the temperature is at the lowest temperature possible. If the oven is too hot, the pizza box will catch fire. Luckily, this shouldn’t happen unless the oven temp exceeds 300F or more. Keep it low!
Keeping a pizza warm is important, especially if you’re planning to serve pizza to your party guests. There are a lot of easy ways to keep pizza warm, but my number one option is an insulated pizza delivery bag. It works in the car, at home, or out in public (even when it’s cold).
How do you keep your pizza warm? Do you use any of these methods? Share your thoughts with us below so we can try it out, too. Enjoy your pizzas!About Michelle